Friday 22 November 2013

Things I'm Loving : New Plymouth

This is my first time doing things I'm loving, inspired by Meghan! This past weekend we spent a few days in my hometown New Plymouth. We don't get up there very often and sometimes I forget that it is actually a neat little city. So here are a few of my pics from the three days we spent there. 



Firstly I am loving Brooklands Zoo! It is a free (yes FREE) Zoo in New Plymouth open 7 days a week. They have all kinds of animals from monkeys to meerkats and a few obligatory farm animals too. There is also a pretty neat playground to play on as well. It's a pretty amazing facility totally maintained by the council and to a very high standard also. 




I'm loving unique bicycle stands! How cool is this?! This stand is right outside the Brooklands Zoo. Very cool I think!




Loving friendly Pukeko! (A New Zealand native bird). You don't normally get so close to these brilliant blue beauties! I think he was looking for a few breadcrumbs!





Water lilies. My own version of the Claude Monet masterpieces! (If you're interested in Claude Monet, check out a great online collection of work here)




Pukekura Park and it's cute red bridges that go across the lake. It's such a beautiful place for a morning or afternoon stroll. 







Ngamotu Beach. Most of New Plymouth's beaches are super sweet surf spots. For some reason, Ngamotu is flat and calm. The perfect spot for a toddler to run on the sand, and paddle in the shallows without being bowled over by strong waves. 
I love the picturesque scene that Paritutu Rock and the chimney from the Power Station make. It's so iconically Taranaki!


Reflections



Tiny feet making footprints in the sand. My heart melts!


And...



A phone dump L-R: Wecome to New Plymouth; Weather, Relaxed selfie at Pukekura Park playground; beautiful flowers, cloudy skies hiding Mt Taranaki/Egmont; Sunny cloudy blue skies, BBQ time; Bowl of Brooklands soundshell; sand textures; window outlook; inner city art; trains; cat sculpture art; bare feet in the sand; ferny seaweed at the beach; worst parallel parking of my life; waterfall at Pukekura Park; Daisy the Dalmation; Mt Taranaki/Egmont makes a sneaky peek!

So glad to share all of this with you this week. What are you loving?!


1 comment:

  1. Aw - you've made me so wistful - I miss New Plymouth - can't wait to visit again at Christmas time - looks like you had a fun family weekend doing all the best things there - some great pics! Great to have you link up for the first time xx

    ReplyDelete