Monday 23 June 2014

Something Finished....Peachy Baby Boots & Hat




Just dropping in to show off a hat and bootie set I made as a gift for a baby shower this weekend. It's lovely to make something in girl colours for a change! I'm totally in love with the pastel shades of this wool. It's girly but not overwhelmingly pink!
(Incidentally, this is the yarn I bought when I entered the wool competition! I guess it was a worthwhile trip!)



The hat is knit in my favourite hat pattern "Simple Striped Baby Hat" by A la Sascha. I altered the brim a little by using a knit, knit, purl rib. It's also the first hat I've knit almost perfectly with circular needles! And now I've got the hang of the double pointed needles, I  was totally fine switching to do my crown decreases! You can easily knit up one of these hats in an afternoon (if you have a couple hours uninterrupted!)


The boots are the Oh Baby! Baby Booties by JudyDDKnits. They knit up so quickly and always so neat when finished. These are in the newborn size so they're pretty tiny! I also added a singlet crochet edge to the top of the cuff so when folded over it carries through the coloured wool. I've made these quite a few times now, they look so cosy and I think they should stay on tiny feet really well too. 



I'm really pleased how this little set turned out! I always love knitting for someone else, it's so much more motivating! 

Linking in with Sugar Crumbs this week for Just Create June. Be sure to check out all the projects created this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment