Friday 6 February 2015

Show and Tell: Stripey Name Bunting

Show and Tell: Stripey Name Bunting



For ages now, like years even, I've been wanting to make my own fabric bunting. Ridiculous I know, considering what a beginner project this is! Now that I have a sewing machine, all my bunting dreams have come true! :D



I was able to sew this up in a matter of hours- from cutting to hanging. That is quite an achievement I have to say! 


I used a pattern for the size I wanted, you can find it here. The fabrics are from the remnants bin at Spotlight. I won't go into massive details about how I made my bunting, as I think most sewers have an idea and it's not that hard. So just quickly, my flags are double sided with a smaller piece of interfacing between; I used a zigzag stitch for everything including attaching the binding; and I used a glue gun to attach the wooden letters to the flags.


Something quick and fun to brighten up my little boy's bedroom and go with his new big boy bed. Sometimes the quickest, easiest crafts turn out to be the best!


Originally I was trying to find some black and white checkered fabric so I could go with more of the racing-car theme, but in the end, I think the blue and red colours look great. It's not over the top, blends in well with the rest of the decor, but is fun and bright at the same time.



Happy Making! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, love your bunting. I'm fairly new to sewing too and I have yet to make any bunting! Why I don't know as I love bunting! Thanks for stopping by my blog, this is the first chance I've had to check out yours, it's great :) I'm catching up on all my commenting now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to reply to your comment! I hope you've been sewing away in the mean time. Thanks so much for visiting :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, love your bunting. I'm fairly new to sewing too and I have yet to make any bunting! Why I don't know as I love bunting! Thanks for stopping by my blog, this is the first chance I've had to check out yours, it's great :) I'm catching up on all my commenting now :)

    ReplyDelete