Monday 21 July 2014

Happy 1st Birthday It's Marie Made!



Today marks exactly one year since I started this blog! I can't believe how much I've achieved in that one year. On average I've managed to write one post per week. I've racked up nearly 10,000 views in total. I've posted over 800 photos on my @itsmariemade Instagram feed. I've managed to get over 130 "likes" on my Facebook page. I've had my content featured in an overseas blog. I've started reading over 100 blogs, supporting both local Kiwi bloggers and also lots of interesting overseas blogs. (You can find me over at Bloglovin here)


I've posted 15 sweet or dessert recipes! I've baked many cakes and experimented with recipes on lots of friends! And I have plenty more to share! 





I've made my first pair of knitted baby boots, my first knitted baby cardigan and countless hats. I've mastered knitting in the round with circular needles, and knitting with double pointed needles. 



Look at all those hats....and that's not all of them either!

I taught myself to crochet! I wrestled with that feral striped t-shirt yarn (I still haven't got it to do what I want!). I've made 4 crochet blankets, with another one in progress, and another one on the to do list. 




I've had lots of failures. Lots of half made things, or too hard things or I just don't get it things. Almost everything I've made I've given away. Every time I get out my needles or hook, I put some of myself into that project. Everything I've made has been made with loads of love, even when I'm unravelling something for the umpteenth time! The success of a finished project is difficult to beat! Even when my hands are sore, or I'm weaving in the last of a billion yarn tails, I'm still happy to be able to create something! 

I hope you've enjoyed going along this journey with me. I hope I've inspired you to create something, whether it's baking, crafting or anything else. I started blogging just as something to do, a place to share thinks I like to eat or make. Now I've met lots of new people and felt inspired to challenge myself to create different things. 

THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to come and look at my creative corner, and all the lovely encouraging comments. Also a HUGE thank you to Meghan, who inspired me to start this blog in the first place, and has helped me navigate this crazy blogging world!

Now...to continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment