Monday 28 July 2014

Recipe: Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies






It's been quite a while since I posted a recipe on the blog! It's not for lack of baking however. I've actually done quite a bit, just nothing original. Will share what I've been baking in another post....






These cookies are an adaptation of a recipe from my Mum's Little Red Recipe Book, the best recipe for Chocolate Chip biscuits I've come across yet! Most likely the reason for this is because I don't try any other recipes! Also, the making, the smell of the biscuits baking and the taste remind me so much of my childhood. My sister and I baked A LOT when we were kids. We often made these biscuits and I remember eating them a lot at my cousins house when we would go on family holidays. 

The recipe can easily be double or tripled without using too many ingredients. You can also add in extras like double chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit. This time I added in dried apricots as that was what was in my pantry. It's also egg free, which makes the dough suitable for freezing. 



Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies 

Ingredients

110g butter, softened
55g (⅓ cup) sugar
140g (1 ¼ cup) plain flour
2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cornflour
½ cup chocolate chips
*Optional
⅓- ½ chopped nuts or dried fruit such as apricots

Method

Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer or hand mixer until light and fluffy
Add in condensed milk and mix until well combined
Sift together dry ingredients and fold into the butter mixture
Add in chocolate chips and any other ingredients and fold to combine
Put spoonfuls of the mixture on a lined baking tray and flatten with a floured fork. 

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approx 10-15 minutes or until just golden around the edges. 



Perfect with a cup of tea! I'm off to deliver these to a friend who recently had a baby! Check out the lovely wee girl in her itsmariemade hat and boots on my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment