Saturday 19 July 2014

Little Boy Blue Hat & Boots



Wow haven't these school holidays flown by?! I feel like I've been busier with activities than in term time! We've had play dates, story time to kindy, swimming, Chipmunks, family dinners, birthdays, the library, playing at the park.... I think that's enough for one almost 3 year old?? 





In between, I've been trying to do a few crafty bits and pieces. I started my Square Circle Granny Blocks (there's a sneaky peek here) and I was going really well until I remembered I was meant to make something for my sister-in-law's baby shower this weekend. Cue minor panic, frantic stash search, a trip to Spotlight and a few false starts, I managed to knit up another Hat & Boot set by the end of the week! I always stick to the same basic pattern, which I've written about loads and loads, but I like to change up the colours a bit to make each set individual. I had a few scrap yarns leftover from the cardigan I made, so I thought I would incorporate those together with a new variegated yarn I picked up from Spotlight. I also wanted to add a little bit of extra detail with the buttons, leftover from the cardigan I made (see here). And ta-da! this wee set was born! I wasn't too sure if all the colours would work together, but somehow they do. I don't know how to explain or describe it! I call it scrap-knitting! 






I can't wait to see this set on my new nephew later in the year...



And as always, made with loads of love! x


Linking in with Leonie this week again at Sunshine x 3 :-D


 Show & Tell Thursday's

No comments:

Post a Comment